Bordering the books
- You’ll be caught off guard by the atmosphere of a freshly furbished library. Surrounded by real books of all kinds: art, travel guides, literature, novels, magazines etc. Whether you choose to lounge in the comfy sofas or prefer to sit at a table, it comes down to seizing your book and enjoying the day!
- I’m a breakfast kind of a guy so after picking up a couple of books we ordered breakfast. One organic brunch which served a croissant, not to heavy on the stomach, 2 slices of sumptuous dark Brown bread, 2 slices of cheese, and an amazing soft-boiled egg, the real organic thing! Accompanied by apple juice, a pot of jam, chocolate spread and butter. The healthy breakfast serves a bread roll, an omelet with bacon (a little too dry for my taste), fresh orange juice, butter, chocolate spread and strawberry jam.
- All ingredients were absolutely delicious and are made on the spots. Be prepared to wait though.
- The price quality ratio is excellent (between €8,5 and €16.
- There’s a spot for the kids with coloring books.
- If you’re travelling solo this is the perfect place for you.
- Our cup of coffee cup was served about 15 minutes before our brunch. By the time we took our first bite there was no coffee left. Refills are not included. I would expect a brunch to at least include a pot of coffee. Serving it together with your food is also essential as some of us like to dip their croissant in their coffee, no matter how rude ;-).
- The whole organic meal is served on a horrible black plastic tray. Which really doesn’t go with the image of this eating-house. It’s practical, granted. But taking in account their style, a bamboo or any natural material would be more appropriate.
- Keep in mind that at books and brunch, times stands still. If you’re in a hurry this is not the place for you. If on the other hand you want to get some work done, read a book and slow down, then don’t hesitate. The food is amazing, the service is kind and you’ll feel right at home.
- delicious, quality at an honest price in a cozy atmosphere. Seize the day. And don’t forget while you might have a watch @books and brunch they’ve got time ;-) !
Books and Brunch | breakfast between €8,5 and €16