Good reason to dwell on the imagination (= De Verbeelding):
- Location: smack in the middle of Bruges’ city centre, in a cute little street, this bistro awaits you. It’s has authentic typical dark wooden beams, and it’s decorated with bits of bric-à-brac with a good sense of humor. No flashy design, just a cozy family friendly place.
- Products are fresh: The menu consists of your classic Belgian cuisine like meatballs in tomato sauce, porc cheaks, …etc.) topped of with seasonal suggestions on the black board.
- We let ourselves be tempted by the gamba’s à la plancha on the black board. The Gambas were delicious and cooked to perfection. No regrets there. Everything is homemade and you might think this is a given, but unfortunately it’s not.
- Our dessert was a homemade chocolate mousse that didn’t really do it for me, not quite what I had hoped for. My friend had a delicious cup of red fruits , but forgot to hold the whipped cream which kind of spoiled it for him. In my opinion it’s his own fault but he really wanted me to mention it ;)
- A special shout out goes to the service: It’s a real no nonsense cro magnon type of service, but believe me this young man is efficient fast and to the point. A little rough around the edges but that just makes it charming. Ladies, I think this one’s for you ;-) !
- Prices are in accordance with what you’re served. The cuisine is without pretention and quality is key. No need to break your piggy bank for this one.
- The quality/price ratio is excellent for a bistro in the centre of Bruges. A honest cuisine run by a very dynamic lady and her very strong assistant!
Oude burg 26
Oude burg 26