A crush on Guillaume
- As I said the restaurant facade is very discreet. We walked in to Guillaume’s on a very dreary November day to be overwhelmed by the warm atmosphere, so exactly what we needed.
- The wooden beams, the warm orange colors of the bar, the open fire and the magnificent flowers create an ambiance which makes you forget your working day. Definitely a shout out to the interior designer.Top it of with a welcoming waiter and the mood is set to happy.
- From the outset we are introduced to the carte du jour which articulates different kinds of menus. Like the Crazy Creations, Funky Food,..
- Due to lack of time we kept it simple and went with the lunch at €30 for 3 appetizers, a starter, main dish and dessert. The lunch varies according to the daily market. Just hit their phone after 11am to find out what’s for lunch.
- I love fish, Friday or not and today our lunch is mostly fish based. We start of with a deliciously garnished turbot. It is fresh, it looks good and it tastes like heaven. Main course pushes us a little further into fish land a spoils us with a cod steak on a bed of cabbage with a red wine sauce. Our fish is cooked to perfection with creative touches, never overdoing it. Fresh and crispy where you’d expect it. Absolute heaven.
- Dessert, deserves its own paragraph, because it not only looks divine, it simply is. A chocolate bomb associated with fresh ice-cream and crumbles of everything good. A master piece of good taste. Honestly still finger-licking when I reminisce.
- The chef revisits the French cuisine by adding a touch of originality and lightness.
- The service deserves a mention for it is kind an impeccable.
- Guillaume2000 is worthy of his reputation, we’ve definitely developed a crush for this restaurant. Price and quality ratio are more than reasonable for such an amazing lunch.
Guillaume2000 | Lunch from €30
Korte Lane, 2
Korte Lane, 2