Because what is good only becomes better when it’s beautiful.
Total harmony: venue, table and service
- The venue is magnificent. Space and light, are key in this restored old farm. There’s a big terrace that surrounds the restaurant overlooking Hertog Jan’s VIP vegetable garden. The atmosphere is serene, relaxed and without bling bling. Which I honestly had not expected.
- Hertog Jan has a young but dynamic & generous team (15 people in the kitchen and 12 in the dining room). They seem to exist only to fulfill your dining needs. The service is timed in a well thought through fashion. At first the rhythm is quite fast and dishes glide through your table to better consummate your hunger. Then the cadence slows down and you are given more time to savor each dish accordingly.
- This « dish-waltz » incites heartfelt emotions and intense pleasure. Lunch goes through 5 sequences, officially at least. Because our chef either can’t count or just enjoys spoiling his customers with splendid surprises to keep the pleasure train running.
- The balance between composition and savor is brilliantly respected every time, with every bite. Each preparations plays with texture and perfumes never going overboard. You experience an explosion of ingredients waking up your palate and anticipating the next nip over and over again.
- Each plate offers the image of a happy, colorful kitchen, punctuated by floral touches. Because what is good becomes even better when it is beautiful. This motto is implemented to the letter.
- A picture is worth a thousand words, and in this case this is truer than ever .
- What are we really looking for when we go out to lunch or diner?
- A moment of magic so that just for a while we can forget the present. This is exactly what you get when you visit HJ. Excellence.
Hertog Jan | short Menu €115